Saturday, February 04, 2006

Opening credits... Life gets more complicated

Today has been one of the most surprising days of my life. I've seen some things that have made me marvel at the human body, and other things that have amazed me that the body is possible of such amazing disruption.

Nothing I've seen before has prepared me for the shock of seeing my unborn child on Ultrasound today. The moment its face and body appeared on the screen I reached for my wife's hand, spellbound. I've a feeling that this is when I realise that the only time one can stomach the sight of baby photos is when they are of ones' own baby.



However, it has certainly put life into perspective. I realise now that it might be a good idea to pick up a textbook or two, and learn like I've never learned before, because this little person is going to need a supportive family and certainly a Dad with an income.

What with my Anaesthetic Primary FRCA exam looming in April, I could do with getting my career progressed ASAP!

This is my first attempt at blogging, and hopefully there will be more as time goes on and I can try to explain what it's like to be a Junior Doctor in the UK trying to settle down and look after his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home