Monday, July 20, 2009

Waiting for the bus

I'm currently in the sunshine waiting for the staff shuttle bus to take me across to the other hospital site to start my oncall duties. I'm probably going to be late, but I'm not stressing too much.

I haven't blogged for such a long time, so there is loads to say. I've been really busy for the last year really. Since passing the final FRCA in June last year I've been getting into prehospital care. I was happily celebrating my success at the pub in Russell square, when my friend and colleague (also just passed) came to me and said I should get on the air ambulance. I was a bit drink by then and thought it a great idea!

So that was it, I've been observing on the midlands air ambulance, and driving around Stoke on Trent on a Friday night with a paramedic for coming up to a year. I've done so many courses I think my brain might burst, all my life support courses and the PHECC (prehospital emergency care course).

I have recently been accepted as a doctor on the north staffs emergency response car and have done two shifts, the first one was ace, with an RTC near Abbots Bromley ending in a helicopter flight. Really exciting stuff. I plan to make that a regular commitment, whilst getting some more observing done on the helicopter. Hopefully I can get flying as a doc from Tatenhill, which is close to my house.

Anyway, the bus is here now, so off to stage 3 of today's activities. Bye!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Dr.khan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home