Thursday, April 03, 2008

Parental Responsibility

Woah, I've finally been given the whole day to look after Josh on my own...  It's a frightening prospect, but it's going OK so far.  I've been given a day's reprieve from revision and work, to look after the little man, but he's having a nap and I'm free to write something on my much neglected blog!

What to say??  Well, things are going exceedingly well at the moment, even if life is hard work.  I'm still at Stoke on Trent (University Hospital of North Staffordshire), but will be returning to Burton on Trent next month - Hooray!  No more driving for two hours a day!  It'll be nice to see everyone again, but at the same time it will be different now that I'm a registrar.

The exam is looming close now, it's in less than three weeks in fact, the written part is on the 22nd April.  FRCA revision is tough, it's difficult to know what to revise seeing as the test is on the whole spectrum of anaesthesia.  Also, it's important to be up to speed on latest developments as well as having read the textbooks.  Man!

I've been working like a dog for the last few weeks, lots of oncalls, getting my modules signed off, etc, so that I can have these next three weeks off to study - so what do I do with one of the first days? Have a day off... Oh well, I don't get to see my son anywhere near enough, so we went to the library, to the park, to the playground, to the shops, and that was only the morning!  I think after lunch we will head off to the farm park, and see some chickens.  Ace.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home